Endomondo is a free or premium cross-platform sports tracking app that uses GPS and other techniques to track workout session. The company ported their iOS/Android app over to BlackBerry 10 due to overwhelming customer feedback. Continue reading ‘Endomondo Sports Tracking App Launches on BlackBerry 10′
Runtastic is a freemium service that helps you become more fit by tracking your exercise routines over both the web and app. The runtastic app tracks many outdoor activities including jogging, nordic walking, hiking, skating and more. Click through to read more about this app.
Continue reading ‘Runtastic Fitness Portal App Updated And More Social’
We haven’t mentioned Gym Technik on BBCool for some time now but since summer is upon us, we thought we would mention the latest updates to the app. Gym Technik is a great app for monitoring your workouts and getting the most out of your fitness routine. In the latest version of the app, new features include:
- Streamlined user interface navigation
- Improved account setup and management
- Fix to exercise order discrepancy between web and BlackBerry app
- Fix to workout edit function on the BlackBerry app
- Better visual scaling of the body stats graph improving visibility of smaller fluctuations
- New “Getting Started” guides
- “Workouts” will appear as the app name, rather than “Gym Technik”
To download Gym Technik, head over to their site for an OTA link or check them out in App World. The company has also let us know that it will be rolling out more updates over the course of the summer so stay tuned.
Are you going to be hitting the beach for summer vacation? There’s nothing better than yoga overlooking a sunset in a foreign country, thousands of miles from work. With Pocket Yoga, you can get yoga lessons without the need for an instructor or a book. The app has a nice UI to it and is preloaded with 60 minute exercises that will improve your strength, balance, posture and flexibility.
Other features include:
- Traditional yoga poses sequencing with a Vinyasa flow.
- View each Yoga Pose with a detailed text description of each pose along with its name, Physical and Mental Benefits.
- Male voice along with sounds included
Nickel Buddy has just launched a sequel to Anywhere Abs. The new workout routine is called “Anywhere Abs 2: Core Edition”. This sequel is similar to the first in that it’s a timed ab workout. The app features 6 all-new exercises for your core so you can get in shape this summer.
Other features include:
- 3 levels of difficulty
- No special equipment required
- Countdown timer for each exercise
Nickel Buddy make some really great apps for the Storm and their latest app is called Anywhere Abs. Anywhere Abs is a fitness app that walks you through an ab exercise program from beginner to advanced. The routines are meant to be quick and efficient, giving you as good of an ab workout as possible in a small time frame.
- 3 levels of Difficulty.
- Countdown timer for each exercise.
- Takes only 6 minutes at the Advanced Level.