UPDATE: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are going to enter. We need to know to help give out the prizes.
RIM is hosting a BBM Apps Hackathon Event August 11-12 in NYC. It’s an exclusive event that gives developers the opportunity to participate in an apps-building marathon using the highly popular BBM Social Platform. RIM experts will guide participants through different development approaches and techniques that leverage the viral/social functionality of BBM Social Platform and best integrate with applications.
BlackBerryCool will be identifying the best developers for the Hackathon Event and giving away one trip to the event, $500 spending money, and a BlackBerry Bold 9900.
To be eligible for the Hackathon, the developer must:
- have an idea for a new BlackBerry® application that incorporates BBM
- have the capability to build a BlackBerry smartphone app with their idea
- have a laptop with all the software, accessories and equipment needed to build their app, including a laptop loaded with BlackBerry® WebWorks™ or BlackBerry® Java®
be a resident of the United States, District of Columbia (excluding Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, New York and Florida) or Canada (excluding Quebec)
- be able to travel to attend the BBM Apps Hackathon Event (“Event”), August 10-13, 2011, and be able to confirm such availability within 48 hours of potential winner notification from RIM
- understand that the Event will be filmed and that by participating in the BBM Apps Hackathon Contest, consent to the filming of their developer story and the use of their image
Ideally, the winner will have a BlackBerry app that they want to integrate with BBM.
Click through for the rules of the contest and more details or head over to bbmnyc.com to get started.
Continue reading ‘Developers: Enter Your App Idea to Win a Trip to NYC Hackathon, $500 and a BlackBerry Bold 9900′