It’s a shame this group who have a BlackBerry PlayBook weren’t able to record a better video of the PlayBook in action. Currently, the PlayBook has gone out to select enterprise customers and this is when the leaks start to occur. Whoever has the PlayBook right now is probably pretty worried about getting pinched as it would cost their business a relationship with RIM. In any case, the team have put together some impressions in a writeup which is worth checking out. Highlights include:
- UI is very appealing and fluid with no noticeable hang-ups or delays (even running the currently installed Beta QNX OS, which typically has more bugs than final releases).
- Opened 12 applications and it didn’t miss a beat.
- The PlayBook is very light (.9 LBS), yet feels solid and well built.
- Feels better than the iPad in the sense that you can type in horizontal mode comfortably with thumbs, not feeling like you need to set it down.
- Pairing your BlackBerry will allow mirroring of your device data (Email, Calendar, Contacts, Notes, Tasks, etc) on the Playbook without physically storing any data.
- Your Playbook will also be able to share the data plan you already have on your BlackBerry
- PlayBook was used very heavily for a full day only starting with slightly over half a charge and it ran the distance.
The PlayBook just keeps looking bettter!