RIM has updated the BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for Tablet OS to version 2.1. This latest version allows developers to leverage new APIs to create richer applications using standard web technologies. The WebWorks project is also open source and the code can be found on github.com/blackberry.
In this latest update to the SDK, new features include:
- Support for the BlackBerry In App Payment API
- Deeper integration with the Camera API for taking pictures/video from within the WebWorks applications
- Microphone API which developers can use to activate the capability to record audio with the PlayBook’s microphone
- Identity API provides applications with the ability to retrieve information about the BlackBerry PlayBook PIN
- File IO API gives developers the possibility to read, copy and write files onto the Tablet OS file system
Click through to read all about it.
Continue reading ‘BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for Tablet OS Updated with Payment Service and More’