You can’t really say Riz has sold out because he’s always sort of been a walking billboard for BlackBerry. His track “PING!!! Me Baby” is pretty cool and not necessarily an ad for BlackBerry but more of a fan vid. The latest video on his YouTube channel is a mock ad using the Mac vs PC style, but then jumps into a real ad promoting the BlackBerry Style. Anyways, the video is somewhere between cringing and laughing. Enjoy!
Tag: iphone os 4
Today, Steve Jobs presented his State of the Apple keynote address at WWDC. The event began with some interesting data regarding the platform, and culminated in the launch of the iPhone 4. As usual, the event was generally well put together, with only a minor hiccup in the demo process because according to the organizers, 570 WiFi base stations in the room kills connectivity.
In the introduction phase of the keynote, Jobs pointed out some interesting statistics about their App Store. There are currently 225,000 apps, with 15k apps submitted every week, in 30 different languages and 95% are approved within 7 days. In order to address the media’s attention over those apps which are not approved, Jobs pointed out that apps that are not approved are for the following three reasons:
Continue reading ‘Apple WWDC Takeaways from a BlackBerry User Perspective’
Here is episode 3 of What’s Cool in BlackBerry with BlackBerryCool and Untether.tv. If you have a suggestion for a better name, feel free to leave it in the comments.
This week Rob Woodbridge and myself discuss:
- The official Twitter app for BlackBerry.
- The latest BlackBerry Messenger.
- RIM’s acquisition of Ottawa-based QNX Software.
- Rumors of the BlackBerry tablet.
- Some thoughts about iPhone OS 4 and BlackBerry.
It looks like this might be the revival of the BlackBerryCool podcast, so I’ll be sure to start uploading the MP3s.
Yesterday, Apple announced their OS 4 for the iPhone. We wrote about the upcoming news a couple days ago, and both BlackBerry and iPhone users alike were all over the comments with their two cents. Regardless of what you may think of the iPhone vs BlackBerry debate, it’s clear that smartphone users are very passionate about their devices. So now that we’re out of the rumor mill, I thought I would put together some thoughts on the iPhone’s OS 4 announcements, and put them in a broader context of how they compare to BlackBerry.
It’s important to note that everything that was announced yesterday won’t be available until the summer, and it will only work with the iPhone 3GS and 3rd generation iPod Touch.
Continue reading ‘Thoughts on the iPhone OS 4 Launch: Data Crunch and False Multitasking’
It’s rumored that Apple’s iPhone will get OS 4.0 tomorrow and there are a lot of rumors flying around about what it may include. It’s sort of funny to break down the feature set, as you immediately realize how far ahead BlackBerry is in terms of smartphone capabilities. Just so you know, the Apple even takes place tomorrow at 10AM PDT if you’d like to tune in.
Here are some rumored features with OS 4:
- Multitasking: I’m running 3 third party apps as I write this. It would be cool to see an Exposé-style multitask screen, but I would be surprised if you can’t develop an app for BlackBerry that mimics this feature.
- Homescreen Contacts: Apple might be implementing something like Iconify.
- Advertising Service iAd: This will be a mobile advertising service that sounds a lot like the advertising APIs already announced by RIM. These were supposed to be launched right around now, but at least we know they’re coming.
- Bluetooth/WiFi Printing Feature: Cortado already has a great cloud print service for BlackBerry.
- Global Inbox: Oh right, it’s a pain to manage several email accounts on an iPhone. That must be really annoying.
- An Improved UI: I have a new improved UI regularly; it’s called a theme.