Kathy Buckworth has a book coming out that BlackBerry moms are sure to love. Traveling and taking care of her two young ones (and 2 teenagers) over the years, Kathy has compiled a host of tips and tricks for keeping the kids entertained and staying organized as a busy mother. Her book, The BlackBerry Diaries: Adventures in Modern Motherhood, is a funny tale of how a mother of two and technology meet.
Here are some of Kathy’s tips for BlackBerry moms:
What to do during down time:
- Organize your ToDo list (make sure to get that pedicure on there!)
- Check the traffic on your local news station’s website (shortest route to take screaming kids is a good thing)
- Investigate the hottest BlackBerry applications on BlackBerry World (a new game, a calorie counter, you never know)
- Send a text or email to your teen to remind them of their chores. Cybernagging at its best.
- Google where to buy those specific dance tights. The show is tomorrow – put it in your calendar!
Some random examples of how your BlackBerry can help with parenting:
- Using the soft glow of your BlackBerry screen to check on a sleeping baby without waking them up. Shhhh!
- Downloading the Flashlight app is a huge help in entertaining the kids during a power outage.