Magmic has launched a new version of New York Times Crosswords for BlackBerry that features in-app payments for subscriptions. The app features a free week of daily puzzles and it’s free to download. There are also a variety of subscription services you can choose including one month, six month or one year subscription rates. As far as we can tell, this is the first app to use the BlackBerry Payment Service to provide subscriptions.
The New York Times Crosswords is the only officially licensed app and has an archive of over 4,000 classic puzzles as well as lets you participate in the Daily Puzzle. Other cool features include:
- Send messages and compare your solve times with friends online
- Compete against top players via the online leaderboards
- Write in ‘pen’ or ‘pencil’
- Solve puzzles on the grid or directly from the clues list
- Automatic highlighting of related clues
- Check or reveal letters, words or the entire puzzle
Magmic also let us know that while they have limited device support for launch, they’ll be spending this week back-filling device support so stay tuned. Your device should be supported very soon.