Oratio is a BlackBerry app for the blind and visually impaired that allows users that comes at an astronomical cost but is sure to bring a lot of value to those that need it. The app gives the user the ability to effectively communicate using IM, emails, SMS and MMS, as well as calls and access to Caller ID. You can manage your contact list, call log and schedule appointments. It definitely covers the gamut of what the BlackBerry does.
Other features of the app include:
- Intuitive and familiar audio user interface.
- Easy-to-use customization options for frequently used settings.
- Auto start mode when the device turns on.
- Different verbosity levels to allow users to define the amount of information provided.
- Settings control over the voice rate and pitch.
- Keyboard echo settings for text entry.
- Easy-to-use command structure.
Since the app is priced at $449.00, I hope there are programs or insurance packages to help subsidize the cost. Maybe HumanWare will do a giveaway with BlackBerryCool?