The BlackBerry Storm 9520 has a leaked version of OS 184.108.40.2061 available on RS. There’s no telling how long it will be up so make sure you head over now before it gets pulled. We’ve heard the build is stable but if you find otherwise, comment and let everyone know. Also, you may have to be a premium member to download if there are no slots available.
Tag: os 5.0Page 3 of 3
Ronen over at BerryReview got a tip about the latest download links for OS 220.127.116.114. Make sure to get them fast as they tend to get ripped from Rapidshare fast.
The standard caveat applies: if you don’t know what you’re doing, stay away from these leaked OS versions. Back up your device too.
If these get ripped, we would appreciate posting a mirror link. Also, let us know if you find any bugs or this negatively affects your device.
Now that the new BlackBerry Messenger is out, it’s worth taking the time to put some BlackBerry OS 5 downloads in one spot. Many of the leaked versions of OS 5 have been missing the new BBM, but now that it’s released, you may want to get OS 5 for your device and have the whole package.
Keep in mind these are leaked OS links and the official version is much safer for your BlackBerry. We’re putting these links here so you can preview what will soon be officially released for your device. The official release of OS 5 features:
- More responsive experience and includes usability and visual enhancements such as inertial scrolling, spin boxes that make it easier to set dates and times, gradient shading on buttons and more use of animation.
- Typing accuracy and selection have been significantly refined.
Customers running BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5 will gain the ability to:
- Set follow-up Flags on the handset like they can in Microsoft® Office Outlook®
- Manage Microsoft Exchange email folders (Add, Rename, Move, Delete) on the handset
- Access remote files shares (Windows Shares); Save, View, Edit, and Email documents from remote file shares
- Forward appointments and view calendar attachments on the handset
- Benefit from wireless sync improvements for Contacts, including sync for multiple contact folders, personal Distribution Lists and contacts in Public/Shared folders
RIM is on an updating roll bringing all the IM clients to 2.5 with some new features. Apart from being OS 5.0-compatible, the new clients feature deeper integration with BlackBerry address book contacts, conversation search function, and better emoticon selection.
There is also a new feature that allows you to save a favorite contact as a home screen icon for even faster navigation.
Grab the latest version of your favorite flavor IM client:
RIM released updates to their in-house Facebook and MySpace apps making them OS 5 compatible. This comes as good news for those who have been tinkering with OS 5 and accessing these sites via the browser as a workaround.