Data Drilling is a really cool-looking PlayBook app that helps you learn more from your data by visualizing it. The app takes spreadsheet data and presents it in a variety of graphical formats to help you study it better. This app is great for app developers because you can export the App World spreadsheet to the app, and break down your app’s downloads based on a variety of factors in order for you to better learn about your users. Another benefit of Data Drilling is that it comes in a free, Lite and Pro version.
Tag: premiumPage 2 of 2
Grindr is the hottest all-male hookup app and social network and they’ve recently announced that going forward, they will only be supporting Grindr Xtra, the premium service. Apparently there is “simply not enough ad inventory to have an ad-supported version of Grindr for BlackBerry.” The latest build of Grindr for BlackBerry contains a trial of Grindr Xtra and the Grindr Xtra Store.
To install, follow these steps:
1. You MUST delete all previous of Grindr from your device. (From your BlackBerry’s home screen head to Options>Advanced Options>Applications and delete Grindr)
2. Once Grindr is deleted you must reboot! (if you are not prompted to reboot press alt+right shift+delete)
3. Once your BlackBerry has rebooted open this URL in your BlackBerry browser:
4. When the pop-up appears to install Grindr check the box to edit permissions before installing.
5. Set ALL permissions to allow and then install Grindr
Looking for a review of Grindr? Read Johnny Makeup’s. It’s the best review of probably any BlackBerry app ever written (NSFW).
For the month of June, the BlackBerryCool Store is running a BlackBerry Theme Throwdown contest with some of the top premium BlackBerry theme designers. Each theme designer gets to choose five of their top-selling themes, one for each day (Mon-Fri), for a week of Deal of the Day promotions. Whoever sells the most themes in their week wins the “Theme Throwdown Champion 2010″ title.
Every BlackBerryCool reader that RTs the following tweet will be entered for a chance to win 10 free themes from their favorite theme designer:
RT and enter to win 10 free #LunarsEdge BlackBerry themes. 50% off a top theme from 5/31-6/4. See todays deal http://bit.ly/bB9GiL
For week one, Lunars Edge has submitted the following themes:
Tuesday: Cherry Blossom
Wednesday: iVista 360
Friday: Windows 7
Let us know which one you like best!
Since the release of the BlackBerry Presenter and the announcement of the iPad I’ve been thinking more about mobile word processing. Until now I was satisfied just using the notepad and email functions to export the note-taking I do on my BlackBerry, onto my desktop. When iPad’s iWork word processing got debuted, I started thinking about how great it would be to get advanced word-processing features on my text-nimble BlackBerry.
After some testing I found myself wondering why bold, italics, and basic text formatting aren’t part of the BlackBerry experience. I would love it if I could compose BBMs or emails in bold, italics, and strikethroughs.
Here are some of the solutions I tried. Both had about as much ease of purchase and registration as any game or theme, which was surprising for such valuable mobile utilities.
Continue reading ‘Microsoft Office Document Editing Software for BlackBerry Reviewed’
Tripit is a simplified and easy to use travel planning system. Travelers simply forward their travel confirmation emails and TripIt automatically creates a master itinerary that combines all their travel plans plus weather, maps, restaurants and more.
Today, Tripit Pro has been announced. The premium service is designed for frequent travelers, and features a collection of time-saving travel functionality. Some of the major upgrades include:
• Mobile Alerts – Receive the latest info about flights delays, cancellations, connections, gate changes, baggage claim and more, on any mobile device, for any airline regardless of where the flight was booked.
• Alternate Flights – Get unbiased re-booking options for any flight delays or cancelations, including flight status and available seats, across all available airlines.
• Point Tracker – Keep track of frequent traveler accounts, balances and expirations, all in one place.
• Inner Circle – Identify key people, like an administrative assistant or spouse, who get automatic access to every trip.
The standard price is $99 per year but travelers who join by July 31 will lock in a charter price of only $49 per year, a 50% discount. Charter members of TripIt Pro will never pay more than $49 per year.