RealPlayer SP has launched in beta today and the service allows you to transfer any video to your BlackBerry for free. For $40 [one-time cost] you can upgrade to the RealPlayer Plus SP, which supports h.264 video conversion, DVD playback and DVD burning.
Once a video is downloaded, simply select the make of your mobile phone, portable media player, or games system from the menu — and RealPlayer SP automatically does the rest. The same videos can be shared with friends through Twitter, Facebook, or email with one extra click. Mac support will come later this year.
Features of this application include:
- Play Web video on nearly any device, including Blackberry, Nokia smartphones, iPhone, iPod, iTunes, Xbox, and many others through automatic conversion and transfer to the correct device format, including Flash, Windows Media, QuickTime & RealVideo.
- Save time by downloading several videos or transferring the same video to many different devices from one screen.
- Add custom device profiles and easily change format settings to maximize video quality and control for a device.
- Create audio-only files from videos for playback on devices that only support audio.
- Support for latest versions of Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome.
RealPlayer SP beta is available as a free download.