Today and tomorrow Mobihand is running a Mobile Heist featuring 5)% off BlackBerry skiing apps. There has been some pretty serious snow fall lately and if you’re looking to hit the slopes, you’ll need a few good apps. Some of the apps on sale include weather apps, games, themes and maps.
GpsSkiMaps is a cool app that gives you access to 110 ski resorts in USA and Canada with over 500 in Europe coming soon. The app offers accurate, offline GPS ski maps, with detailed trail by trail analytics specially designed for skiers and snowboarders. Some of the features in this release include:
Continue reading ‘GpsSkiMaps Updated Just in Time for the Holiday Ski Season’
Are you looking forward to skiing this winter? A new app called BerrySki provides mountain maps for a wide variety of locations in the US and Canada. This app is going to be a huge help when deciding whether to take that double black diamond, or to stick to the singles.
- Offline Usage: Downloading maps directly to your BlackBerry means you do not need an active internet connection to view maps or your location on them.
- Location: View your location on the resort, pan/zoom around to decide where you might like to go next.
- Recording of GPS Tracks: Your GPS capable BlackBerry can record the tracks/routes you have taken for viewing and analyzing later.
- Track Overlay: You can view your recorded routes overlaid on the resort map, showing you how much of the resort you have covered.
- Track Animation: You can play your tracks in the form of a red dot moving about the map. The red dot moves on your tracks in proportion to your speed as well.
- Statistics: You can view all tracks recorded in a detailed manner. Provides you with such analysis as the name and order of each lift and run taken, distance travelled, average speed, and maximum speed. Detailed information is also given on each difficulty level trail.
- Export Track: Recorded tracks can be exported into .gpx format supported by all mapping software.
By the way, anybody going to the Olympics in Vancouver next year?