SMSLink allows you to get your text messages pushed to your Mac or PC where you can reply to them just like you would in a normal SMS conversation. This is good for users who are at their desk and receive a lot of text messages because you don’t have to stop what you’re doing, unlock your device, and reply to the message. With SMSLink, you can do it right from your desktop.
The software has been recently updated. With the new version you’ll find:
- Address Book Integration – SMSLink will now grab the address book directly from your BlackBerry. You no longer have to remember all of your contacts phone numbers.
- User Interface – SMSLink is now sporting a brand new user interface. V2 now looks much more like a traditional chat application. One contact list window, and another window that displays your current conversations.
- Improved Contact Matching – Version 1 of SMSLink required you to modify each and every contact in your address book to match a certain format. You no longer have to do this.
- Proper Deployment – Running Windows? There’s no a proper installation process that will add an application to your start menu, and allow you to uninstall the application.
- Running Mac? SMSLink is now bundled into a .app file, so you can add it to the rest of your applications, and add it to your favorite launcher.
Before you purchase SMSLink, make sure you’ve seen Cortado’s SMS2Desk and compare the functionality of the two products. Sometimes similar products will often a particular feature you find uniquely beneficial.