TopoSports has a new app for BlackBerry that provides topographic maps for the USA. The app is geared towards outdoor sports enthusiasts and comes in handy for anyone interested in biking, hiking, geocaching etc. The maps provided by TopSports have been re-projected for WGS84 datum and are GPS accurate for all BlackBerrys. Features of this app include:
- Download topo maps of any quad in US for offline usage: You can Download 1:24K scale maps of any quad in US(Alaska coming soon). The maps have been projected for WGS84 datum and are GPS accurate for all mobile devices. You can search for maps by feature name or select from 3500+ featured quads for popular destinations.
- Seamless mosaicing of quads
- Distance/Bearing tool
- Create custom way points: Two modes for waypayoint creation are supported: Automatic using device GPS or via manual selection.
- Geographic names layer for each quad.
- Search POIs/Way points offline by name.
- Pan/zoom/locate yourself
- Record GPS tracks : Supports both built in GPS and BlueTooth
- View tracks overlay for bird’s eyeview of your tracks.
- Live track animation
- Track analytics/stats: Distance covered, Average speed, Maximum speed, Time taken, Pace (time taken to cover a mile or km), Calories burned, Vertical ascent/descent
- Export tracks in GPX format to SDCard: GPX tracks are viewable on Google earth.