Social networking has become a popular component of Viigo. In Tango 9, Release 3, Viigo introduced a feature rich Twitter client. With this new feature, you can initiate a tweet, follow the public timeline, your friends timeline or your followers timeline. You can also view direct messages, favorite messages, mentions and more.
Here is a breakdown of features available:
- Follow the public timeline, your friends timeline (home) or your followers timeline.
- Read Direct Messages, Favorite Messages and Mentions
- Initiate a Tweet, Retweet and Retweet all
- Perform searches on key words so you can see when people are discussing a topic of interest to you.
- See whether a person is following you, or not, by the color of the text (green being yes and red being no).
- See if a person has been validated by Twitter
- If there is a picture added to a tweet it will appear within the post.
- If the tweet included a hash tag the hash tag will also automatically appear in your reply.
- The reply all feature will show up automatically if more than one person was included in a tweet.
Getting set up to use Twitter in Viigo is easy:
- From within Social Networks select add a channel. From the list of available channels select Twitter. Then select Add Account.
- Enter your Twitter username and password, then select all the options I spoke of earlier that you would like included.
- To include a search select add search then type in the word you want to search on.