BigHand for BlackBerry is a dictation app that is now in version 4, and includes several new features that are reminiscent of vPost. In version 4 of BigHand, you have the ability to take and attach photos from within the dictation app, append new documents and/or review finalized docs on-the-go, add advanced profile info and centrally configure via BES.
Features in BigHand 4 include:
- Take and attach photos to dictations: allowing users to both take photos from within BigHand software and automatically attach them to the related voice file for submission.
- Document attachments: attach any document or file type to BigHand dictations on a BlackBerry and submit them to the relevant workflow. Any file which can be browsed to can be attached. The files will also be accessible from the desktop client once sent.
- Review finalised documents: authors can instantly access and review final documents, driven by the BigHand system, from their Smartphone without having to access their network via a laptop
- Advanced profiling: add additional and customised profile information to dictations prior to submission. The profile data is then also accessible in the desktop client.
- Full ‘Work in Progress’ visibility: view all your dictations, including those submitted from the desktop, on the BlackBerry instead of just those submitted from the device.
- Full central configuration: all BlackBerry client settings will be configurable from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, giving system administrators full control over device settings.
More information and download available at BigHand. This is enterprise software so you need to register with the company to pilot the app.