Tag: WebWorksPage 3 of 3
RIM has announced that BlackBerry WebWorks SDK 2.1 is available for BlackBerry smartphones. The update comes on the heels of the WebWorks SDK for the Tablet OS and provides similar functionality and APIs to the smartphone OS.
The new capabilities that WebWorks developers can now leverage include NTML & BASIC Authentication support, Camera API, Top Banner Indicator API, Enhanced Push APIs and improved rendering speeds for some applications. The WebWorks SDK also gives developers access to better app monetization methods such as better integration with the BBM Social Platform.
RIM has updated the BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for Tablet OS to version 2.1. This latest version allows developers to leverage new APIs to create richer applications using standard web technologies. The WebWorks project is also open source and the code can be found on github.com/blackberry.
In this latest update to the SDK, new features include:
- Support for the BlackBerry In App Payment API
- Deeper integration with the Camera API for taking pictures/video from within the WebWorks applications
- Microphone API which developers can use to activate the capability to record audio with the PlayBook’s microphone
- Identity API provides applications with the ability to retrieve information about the BlackBerry PlayBook PIN
- File IO API gives developers the possibility to read, copy and write files onto the Tablet OS file system
Click through to read all about it.
Continue reading ‘BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for Tablet OS Updated with Payment Service and More’
RIM’s recent acquisition tinyHippos has brought the release of the Ripple emulator beta to support most of the BlackBerry WebWorks APIs. Bypassing the need to test the application in a simulator, the beta allows for a testing environment with advanced features including location based services and network response testing for apps.
Along with the Beta’s release is some details and documentation on the emulator’s support for the BlackBerry WebWorks APIs.
For more info on the Ripple emulator beta, visit tinyHippos.