Changing Handheld Password From Blackberry Enterprise Server
A BlackBerry Enterprise Server administrator can change the password for a BlackBerry wireless device by sending an IT Policy to the device. When the user accepts the IT Policy, the new password becomes effective.
To change a device password from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server,
1. Open the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Management console.
2. Right-click the user account that requires a password change.
3. Click IT Admin > Set Password and Lock.
4. In the Set Handheld Password and Lock window, type the new password into the New Password and New Password Again fields.
5. Click OK.
Note: It takes approximately 30 minutes for the new IT Policy to be sent to the device.
6. When the device receives the IT Policy, the following message is displayed:
New IT Policy Changed Over The Air. Would you like to accept?
7. Click OK. The user can now use the new password on the device.