Send an APB through BlackBerry Enterprise Server
An all points bulletin (APB) is a notification-type message that is sent to the BlackBerry Wireless Handheld by the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. This is useful in emergency situations where email may be down and the only way to reach employees is by PIN messaging.
To send an APB do the following:
1. Open Microsoft Exchange Administrator.
2. Click Configuration container.
3. Double-click BlackBerry Servers.
4. Click APB. The Select Server(s) screen appears.
5. Click All Servers or Selected Servers Only. If you choose Selected Servers Only, specify the servers.
6. Under Select the Send Method, select one of the following:
* All PINs
* Selected PINs Only. The ability to send PIN APB’s is a feature of BlackBerry Enterprise Server Software 2.1. If you select Selected PINs Only, select the required PIN numbers from the list.
7. Type the Subject contents and Body of the message, and click Send. The author of the message is displayed as System Attendant.